Friday 16 May 2008

Something K-I-N-D of oo...

I took a lo-ong taxi ride north on Thursday night to checkout K-I-N-D's party at the KK Outlet in Hoxton Square. K-I-N-D is a luxury knitwear label that makes quirky cashmere tops and dresses inspired by Alice in Wonderland and Bonnie and Clyde. The KK outlet will be showing pieces from K-I-N-D Autumn Winter 08 collection, as well as an archive of K-I-N-D pieces and an exhibition of fashion photos shot by photographers Melanie Bonajo and Anne de Vries, for the next three weeks. There was also a K-I-N-D store on the opening night on Thursday.

The Dutch designer behind the label does little self-promotion but the pretty clothes and the photos exhibited to promote them garner more than enough attention. Suffice to say, most of the pics are not for under-18s and, though artistic, will not be posted here! So if you want to check them out, that's another reason to go to the KK. People in Holland are hard to shock, I suppose.

Apart from the clothes and professional photos on the walls, the whole scene was weirdly reminiscent of undergraduate parties I went to while at the Universidad de Granada. The wine tasted of vinegar and the air was freezing (perhaps a clever sales ploy for a cashmere company) and smoky. I didn't like that then and I don't now...back to the Westside to watch Sex and the City and repair my manicure.

K-I-N-D is available at Liberty's of London and Colette in Paris (which has one of my favourite flash sites ever!)

No comments: